I felt like I was getting into a bit of a dinner funk a while back. I kept making the same sorts of things over and over. Different recipes but all in the same “genre”. I was getting bored and this recipe saved me. Well saved our dinner times anyways. :) It was the breath of fresh air I needed to wake me up and get me out of my rut.
It’s such a simple dish. The flavours. The preparation. The presentation. And yet, it packs a flavourful punch. More and more I’m loving recipes with simple, clean flavours. If there’s too much going on the flavours tend to get muddied, but when you keep the flavours simple they shine so much more. And, it usually means they’re quick to prepare, which is the case with this recipe.
I love the fact that this is made with ground chicken. It soaks up so much more of the delicious sauce and helps cuts down on the prep time. It also makes it a little different from most stir-fry recipes you come across, adding a little more variety to your dinner table.
The sauce is different from any recipe I’ve made before. Which is partly what inspired me to get out of my dinner rut and start looking for recipes that might be a little different then I might normally try. It’s not odd, just different. And, that makes me happy!
I am literally addicted to this dish and just looking at it makes me want more. I encourage you to give it a try soon!
- 300g green beans, cut in half
- 1 (250g) package ramen noodles
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans and cook for 10 minutes until tender-crisp. Add noodles to water in last 3 minutes of cooking time (or as long as the package dictates). Strain and set aside.
- Mix together hoisin sauce, lime juice and chili sauce. Set aside.
- Cook chicken in a small amount of oil until cooked through. Add garlic and cook one minute or until softened. Stir in hoisin mixture. Cook until bubbly and sticky. Stir in noodles, green beans and green onions. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Good Food.