Not much time passes without my kids inevitably asking for s’mores. Really, they just have to catch sight of marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers, or a campfire, and I already know what’s going to come out of their mouths. So, I figured it was time to create a healthy version. Something that they could get excited about eating without the sugar crash.
Now, I’m not going to say that these taste exactly like s’mores because they don’t. Marshmallows are really the only thing that taste like marshmallows. But that doesn’t mean that these aren’t a fun interpretation that the kids will go crazy for. My kids informed me that they like these every bit as much as regular s’mores. That’s enough to make any Momma’s heart sing.
This makes a great lunch box or after school snack. With the main ingredients being whole wheat crackers, cashew butter, and banana, this is a healthier treat that you can feel good about feeding to your kids. It’ll help to keep them energized throughout the day without any dreaded sugar crashes later.
Also? They’re just plain delicious.
The J.M. Smucker Company is offering one reader the chance to get cooking with their new Cashew and Almond Butters. One winner will receive:
- Jif Almond and Cashew Butters
- $200 Visa gift card to buy additional cooking ingredients
- Jif notepad ($5/pad)
- Recipe Cards using Jif Almond and Cashew Butters
(Note: this giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.)
To enter, simply leave a comment mentioning your favourite healthy snack using nut butters. I can’t wait to see what suggestions you all have! Good luck!
The winner will be announced, in this post, in one week and will be contacted via email.
- Graham crackers
- ¼ cup Jif Creamy Cashew Butter
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- sliced banana (or desired fruit)
- Stir together “Chocolate” ingredients until evenly incorporated.
- Spread a dollop of the chocolate mixture onto one graham cracker half, top with banana slices, and sandwich with another graham cracker. Repeat for additional servings.
- Store any unused chocolate in the fridge. If making ahead, spread a bit of chocolate on both chocolate halves to keep the bananas from softening the crackers.
The J.M. Smucker Company has asked me to do a series of posts featuring their new Almond and Cashew butters. I ecstatically agreed, as I love that alternative nut butters are becoming more mainstream. I was compensated for this post, but all thoughts, opinions and recipes are my own.