I’m a sucker for the scent of cinnamon and cloves. I often get a pot of boiling water on the stove with a couple of cinnamon sticks and cloves thrown in just to get the house smelling pretty (an awesome trick I learned from my mom). As good as it smells though, it’s definitely not something I would ever want to drink.
But now, with this recipe, I can perfume the house and drink it too. :)
If you want to be the best hostess ever, get a pot of this Hot Mulled Cranberry Juicesimmering on the stove just before company arrives and then offer them a warm mug as they walk in the door. They may just set up camp and never want to leave. I know I would.
If you’re in the mood to stir up a batch but you don’t want to drink it all at once you can refrigerate the leftovers and heat up individual servings in the microwave later. It’s a great drink to have on hand around the holidays for unexpected guests or just to warm up after an afternoon in the cold.
If only I took my own advice, because just talking about this is making me crave it – but alas I have no cranberry juice. Learn from my mistakes. Go pick up the ingredients for this right now!
- 1 litre cranberry juice*
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 mandarin orange, cut into quarters
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, squeezing oranges to release their juices before placing in pot. Bring to a simmer. Simmer gently, covered, for 20 minutes to infuse spices. Strain before serving.
*Here is a recipe for homemade cranberry juice.
And now the giveaway!
****** THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED******
Since I think you guys are pretty awesome for coming here and giving me a part of your day, I really wanted to be able to give you something fun in return for the holidays. To me photos make some of the best gifts and what better than a free canvas print of one of your own photos or artwork?
Easy Canvas Prints is offering one special Kitchen Simplicity reader a free 16×20 inch canvas print. You can keep it for yourself or give it away as a Christmas gift. And, even if you don’t win you get a 50% discount (and free shipping) off your next order when you like Easy Canvas Prints on their Facebook page. Sweet deal, right?
- The print needs to be shipped to a mainland US address so make sure you have one available to you before entering.
- Leave me ONE comment telling me what foods you look forward to the most at Christmas time.
- Contest will end on Sunday, December 4th at 23:59 GMT and the winner will be announced on Monday.
Thanks again so much for reading and good luck to all! ;)