I have been obsessed with tea and cookies ever since I saw the recipe for this Chai Concentrate on Hilary”s blog: Let Her Bake Cake. James is in heaven because I make a new batch of cookies practically every week.
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies have been a long time fave and are one of the cookies I turn to most when I”m looking for something to dip in my tea. Don”t get me wrong, these are by no means just a side-kick to tea. These cookies stand alone in their awesomeness.
One thing that keeps me coming back for more peanut butter deliciousness is the fact that these cookies actually seem to get softer as the week goes on. I”m guessing this has to do with the peanut butter and oatmeal? Whatever the case, it takes a long time for these cookies to go stale, which means you can make a large batch and gorge on them all week long.
Peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chips makes the perfect cookie combination, in my book. And, another great indulgent breakfast treat.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Allrecipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 -1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats and then chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoons onto un-greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF until golden brown but centres are still slightly soft.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minute before removing to paper towel or wire wracks to cool.
Makes: 24 cookies