When I was first married I made every possible situation into a celebration. That first year of marriage we celebrated every monthly anniversary along with every romantic holiday in between. I love setting aside a special time to spend with the ones you love with no distractions. That first year gave me ample opportunity.
Things have changed a bit since we had Max and especially since we moved halfway around the world with no free babysitters to call upon. Now, a lot of the romantic days are spent together as a family. But honestly, I really don”t mind.
I know that my son will only be little for so long. In the blink of an eye I will be suffering from empty nest syndrome and will be missing the pitter patter of his little feet. That”s why I don”t mind this stage that we”re in. I get to set aside special days to spend time with my two loves. And, once the sonny goes to bed we get that much needed time to ourselves.
That is where this Garlic Shrimp Pasta is perfect. It”s so simple and fast that it won”t make for added stress. But, with it”s creamy garlic infused sauce and plump pink shrimp, it will definitely feel like a special occasion. You can whip this up in a jiffy once the kids are in bed. Just don”t be the only one eating it and make sure to keep some mints handy. :) Let the romancing begin!
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper, to taste
- 5 oz (142g) spaghetti
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup small cooked shrimp (depending on preference)
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add garlic and cook just enough to get rid of the raw edge. Do not brown.
- Add cream and spices. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes to reduce.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in salted boiling water. Drain.
- Add cooked shrimp to cream just to warm through. Poor over spaghetti and stir to combine.
Makes: 2 servings