I was debating whether to call these muffins or cupcakes. But I think anyone that eats chocolate muffins for breakfast understands that, that distinction is always hard to make when your having chocolate for breakfast. The only real reason I’m calling these “muffins” is because I took my Blueberry Sour Cream Muffin recipe and altered it slightly to make it Double Chocolate Raspberry. Can I get a whoop whoop?
My husband isn’t really a fan of raspberries but he devoured these for breakfast, snack and dessert, so I’m guessing he thought they were pretty good. I’m a die-hard chocolate-raspberry fan so these were pretty much heaven in cupcake form for me. A moist chocolate batter with gooey chocolate chips and fresh bites of sweet and tangy raspberry. Mmm.. what could be better?
Whether you decide to call these muffins or cupcakes I advice that you make them a super-indulgent breakfast sometime soon.
What’s your favourite breakfast splurge?
Double Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, egg, milk and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Stir in sour cream until combined. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 12 paper-lined or greased, regular size muffin cups.
- Top with additional chocolate chips and raspberries if desired.
- Bake @ 400ºF for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.