I don”t know about you but I”ve been having a heck of a time deciding what to make for Christmas sweets. There are just too many options that I want to try and it seems nearly impossible to single out one item to make. I can spend all day looking at recipes but then nothing gets made because I”m too busy looking at all the things I could make.
When I was trying to narrow things down these Chocolate Dipped Coconut-Almond Candies quickly jumped to the top of my list. I”m destined to love anything with coconut and James feels the same way about chocolate and almonds. Plus, they looked so easy to make that I knew I could get them done without too much effort. With less then two months left until this baby is born I like to spend as little effort as possible so I can have the energy for some one on one time with Max. We have to take advantage of it while we can!
I had to put most of these in the freezer so that there would actually be some to put out on Christmas Eve. Both James and I find ourselves craving them throughout the day and I”m afraid we would gobble them all up if left in the fridge.
Now I just have to decide what to make next. What”s on your list?
One Year Ago: Christmas with Let Her Bake Cake
Chocolate Dipped Coconut-Almond Candies
adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sliced almonds for decorating
- Mix together, sugar, coconut, almonds and milk until evenly combined. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. If needed refrigerate 20 minutes until firm.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth.
- Using a toothpick or skewer dip coconut balls into chocolate and allow excess to drip off. Place back onto parchment lined baking sheet. Remove skewer and top with a slivered almond.
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes: 2 1/2 – 3 dozen