Mothers Day is fast approaching and all of us mom’s have images of beautiful bouquets of flowers, leisurely breakfasts in bed and children who are perfectly behaved for an entire day, dancing through our minds. Deep down we know it won’t go so perfectly, but it’s nice to have a day where our children at least try to pamper us.
I think it’s so adorable when kids try to pamper their mom. It seems that everything always ends up going wrong and they never realize how much extra work they’re actually creating. But, seeing their faces beaming with pride reminds you that at that moment you are the most important person in the world. It may not be the most relaxing day but it’s definitely one to treasure.
I’ve had this recipe on my “to make” list ever since I posted the recipe for homemade bisquick mix. Why it took me so long to make them I have no idea because I have been missing out!
This recipe is so simple that your kids (with supervision from Dad, of course) will be able to make them without your help. I’ve even included a printable step-by-step photo guide for your kids and/or partner to follow, so you don’t end up making them for yourself.
Did I mention that these tastes like dessert for breakfast? Because they do. Especially with some peanut butter slathered on top. Mmm.. I think it’s time to pop the leftovers in the toaster.
Happy Mothers Day to all you beautiful Mommy’s out there! You deserve the perfect day (or at least the perfect breakfast). ;)
- 2 cups baking mix (or homemade bisquick mix*)
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Place baking mix in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together bananas, egg and milk.
- Stir banana mixture into baking mix until evenly moist.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat and lightly grease. Drop batter using a ¼ cup measure and cook on one side until bubbles form on top.
- Flip and continue to cook until golden brown on both sides.
*Here’s the recipe for homemade bisquick mix.
Adapted from Taste of Home.